Monday, January 18, 2010
Ok:) You can have the recipe! hehe it is yum:) We just ate the rest...
So you will need -
6 Red Onions
1.2kg of washed potatoes
5 slices of rindless bacon
About 1 tablespoon ish of fresh chives plus some to garnish
2 Tablespoons of dijon mustard
250mls of whole egg mayonaise
2 Tablespoons of Sour cream
Juice of 1 lemon
2 Tablespoons of oil
1. Slice onions thinishly. Heat up oil in a heavy based pan on lowish medium heat then pop in the oinions for about 40minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelised.
2. Chop potatos into chunks and put into boiling water for about 10 minutes or until they are squishy enough to poke your fork in but still firm.
3. Put bacon slices in the griller to crisp up and cook- I put mine on baking paper on a baking tray to saving scrubbing the griller or the tray too much! After the bacon is cooked and is cooling, just rip it up into smallish bits.
4. Combine the cooked potato and caramelised onion in a big bowl with your chopped fresh chives. I cut these with scissors in to the bowl.
5. Whisk the mayo, mustard, sour cream and lemon juice in another bowl until smoothly mixed. Combine this with the potato and onion mix.
6. Pour into your serving bowl and top with bacon bits and then scissor chopped bits of chives.
Eat it all! hehe Yum.