I can't help it... the cutest animal is the world (except my bunny of course) is the baby hedgehog... i don't believe I have ever seen one before, but if this is the standard... then man they are cute!
So in honour of the super cute animal, here is a delicious Hedgehog recipe... YUM, from taste.com.au one of my new favourite websites!
About 48 pieces
- 2 x 250g pkts Arnott's Scotch Fingers
- 200g unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g roasted peeled hazelnuts, chopped
- 100g raisins or chopped candied fruit, soaked in 40ml brandy (optional)
- Line a 20 x 30cm slice tin with baking paper. Cut 16 biscuits in 1/2 lengthways then chop 8 biscuits into crumbs.
- Place butter, sugar, vanilla and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in egg then stir in hazelnuts, biscuit crumbs and fruit (if using).
- Spoon 1/2 the mixture over base of tin. Top with biscuit halves, widthways in 4 lines. Spoon over remaining mixture to cover biscuits. Refrigerate overnight or until firm then turn on to a board and cut into squares.