Monday, May 18, 2009
I hate old bananas.... i hate the smell I don't like touching them and yet I don't want to waste them... but now I am a wife I have to be all grown up and resourceful you see! So I went on the search for a banana recipe for my three moosh (yet not black bananas).
Sadly I couldn't find anything exciting due to my lack of other interesting ingredients... no macadamias or figs. No dates.. and certainly no chocolate chips!
So I made my own recipe up! And it was a success! Reviewers claim "The best muffins ever made", "no I will not share them with my friends."
So here is the recipe to my No-Share Banana Custard Muffins.
No Share Banana Custard muffins.
3 old bananas
1 1/4 cups self raising flour, sifted
1/2 cup of brown sugar
50gms butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup of milk
tbs of custard powder
1 tbs custard powder
1 tbs caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Make custard - mix sugar and powder in a pot, add enough milk to make a paste, turn the heat on gradually add more milk and the vanilla extract, bring to the boil then turn heat down to a simmer. Take of heat when it has thickened and put in a new cooler bowl.
2. Sift flour, custard powder and sugar together, make a well in the center.
3. Whisk milk, butter, eggs and mashed bananas with a fork in another bowl.
4. Fold mixture into the flour and sugar until well combined.
5. Fill 8 cupcake pans until 1/3 full and add a dollop of custard, then 1/3 more mixture.
6. Put into preheated 200 degrees celcius oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean:)
7. Eat them all and don't share them with your friends.
Posted by Bobishi at 9:10 AM